Monday, September 12, 2011

The Absurdities of Vice and Felis

-

Why doesn't my girlfriend's cat know how to fix the god damn stereo?

-

And that's the last time I use an exacto knife while I'm naked.

-

 There should be an R n'B song about bending a girl over the produce aisle and spraying her with a fine mist.

 -

The highlight of my 10:45 Art History class was realizing there was previously unnoticed cat vomit on my left sneaker.

-

Why don't animals like Prog Metal?

-

I failed my creative writing class because my professor didn't like my novel: "Are You There God? It's me Margaret Versus Predator."

-

I feel great despondency for the one person who has to endure my focused misanthropy for all of mankind.

-

 The above post is about hitting a guy with a slushee.

-

I have a great proclivity for dressing depraved ideas in elegant semantics.

-

I'd go to church if they had free chips and salsa.
-

I can do anything if I put my mind to it.  I just feel like most things aren't worth putting my mind to.

-

Frisbee.
-

I just watched Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. Now I want Johnny Depp's Ichabod.

-

Muffin's a little nap slut.
-

Having a Korean girlfriend doesn't get you free Chinese food.




 


















1 comment:

  1. Nam June Paik’s “The More The Better” seems not only extremely reflexive of the time period he was creating in, but also of human history. The work is credited at the year 1988, which makes sense when looking at the display. The name itself implies a heavy level of excess stated blatantly with… “”The More The Better” When we are actually treated visually to the piece it is reinforced tenfold. There are two components to the structure. First the monolithic composition and the massive scale into a cylindrical pyramid. It reckons back to massive wonders of the world such as the Egyptian pyramids or Stone Henge. This thing looks daunting. The second aspect is that it is constructed out of televisions. Back in 1988, television was still regarded as the ubiquitous form of communication and information. Obviously a precursor to the Internet, the television was worshipped. The problem being that with television, the viewer has very little choice in what they are watching… in relative comparison to our modern Internet. The fact of the matter is that television was the alpha and the omega of communications, and people looked to it as a way of information (with news programs, journalism) or of escapism (sitcoms or soap operas). What makes this piece extremely interesting me; besides the aesthetic (how could a giant mountain of monitors not look ridiculously awesome?) but the fact that it combines two things that were both worshiped: mysterious wonders of the ancient world, and the television. Nam June Paik manages to hark back to the today of worshipping monumentous structures, and our modern day’s worship of the television (and now computer) screen. Rad.

    ReplyDelete